Technical Electives at MIT:
- Immunology - 7.23
- Systems Microbiology - 20.106
- Probability and Random Variables - 18.440
- Molecular Cellular and Tissue Biomechanics - 20.310
Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering, MIT, 2016
Predoctoral Research Associate
- Adimab LLC
- Characterized the efficacy and biophysical properties of in vivo-derived anti-viral antibodies, and used the proprietary platform to discover and engineer fully human antibodies for various pharmaceutical partners.
- Formulated and tested a novel skin product with biomechanical and consumer studies.
- Institut Pasteur
- Investigated integron attC recombination sites to determine what structures are necessary for successful cassette orientation.
- The National Institutes of Health
- Synthesized clinical data with whole exome sequencing to evaluate patients with undiagnosed diseases.
- Associate advisor for underclassmen
Participation in Programs:
- MIT Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
Undergraduate Research Experiences:
- Runstadler Lab: Investigated the role of persistent organic pollutants on the infectivity of a human influenza strain in vitro and tracked the spread of avian influenza A viruses throughout local ecosystems.
- Desforges JP, Bandoro C, Shehata L, Sonne C, Dietz R, Puryear WB, Runstadler JA. Environmental contaminant mixtures modulate in vitro influenza infection. Sci Total Environ. 2018.
- Olshefsky A*, Shehata L*, Kuldell N. Site-Directed Mutagenesis to Improve Sensitivity of a Synthetic Two-Component Signaling System. PLoS One. 2016.
- Shehata L, Bandoro C, Desforges JP, Puryear W, Runstadler J. Exposure to persistent organic pollutants reduces the infectivity of human H1N1 virus in vitro. MIT Center for Environmental Health Sciences Annual Poster Session. 2016.
Activities, interests and hobbies:
Varsity Field Hockey, MIT Biotechnology Group, MIT Undergraduate Association
Pursing PhD in Immunology, University of Washington