Welcome to the MIT Biological Engineering Graduate PhD Admissions page. This page explains the application process in general. To apply, go to the online application. You will be asked to create a user id and password. Please write down your user id and password for future use. You do not need to complete the entire application in one sitting. You may begin the application, save it, and return to it at a later time using your user id and password.
MIT's Department of Biological Engineering offers a graduate PhD degree program. MIT admits students for the fall term each year; there is no January or June admission.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible and are responsible for ensuring that all admissions credentials are submitted on time. Your application will not be reviewed until all materials have been received. There is no separate application for financial support; all admitted students are offered support.
Fill out the online application by 23:59, EST, December 15.
You will be providing the following information:
- Field(s) of interest
- Personal information/addresses
- International student data
- Three or more names and email addresses of letter writers
- Scanned copies of your Official College Transcripts
- Scanned copies of your Official GRE Scores
- For international students, scanned copies of your Official IELTS scores
- Educational and work history
- Statement of objectives
- Outside financial support and potential outside support
- Credit card payment of $75